As soon as I wake up in the morning, one of the first things I do is, drinking water cause I feel dehydrated because of the AC and Fan. Drinking water in the morning with an empty stomach makes me feel lively to start the day, otherwise it’s more likely that I’m getting a headache that could even last for 24 hours.
I also have the habit of drinking diluted Apple Cider Vinegar at nights cause I’ve read so many healthy benefits of it. But, honestly apple cider vinegar tastes so weird and the smell of it is something I could hardly digest. Still I try my best to do it every night but I often miss that out because of its taste and smell.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- helps boosting immune system.
- increases the energy levels.
- helps digestion and helps in weight loss.
- regulates blood sugar levels & controls cholesterol
- reduces the risk of heart diseases and cancers
- good for a healthy skin
I always loved drinking warm or cold lemon water cause the tarty taste of lemon has never bugged me as much as the apple cider vinegar. So, I came across this recipe that adds up both lemon and the apple cider vinegar together in a way that I can actually drink without worrying about the weird taste of it.
In this case, you have to add two more healthy ingredients to let that magic happen. Honey and Turmeric will be the precious magicians to spice and nice up the detox water.
Benefits of Turmeric
- high on antioxidants
- strongly inflammatory (good for fighting heart disease, cancer, obesity, arthritis & Alzheimer’s)
- supports healthy brain function & mental health (good for stress, anxiety & depression)
- aids in digestive health
So, let’s slip into the magical detox water recipe that could change your mornings more healthier just like mine. I’ve been trying this recipe out for a week now and I feel super detoxed and healthy in the mornings. This one actually helped me from bloating and dehydration as well.
LEMON TURMERIC MORNING DETOX WATER RECIPE
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Lemon/Lime
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 dashes Turmeric
- Boil the water and set aside.
- Cut the lemon/lime into slices and add them into the boiled water.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Let them soak in for around 15-20 minutes. (by this time you can brush your teeth or make your bed 😉 )
- Pour into your tall glass and enjoy!
What’s great about this drink is you can easily tweak it to create your own perfect morning concoction. Running out of honey? You can use maple syrup instead.
Not a big fan of turmeric? Try swapping in ginger instead. Can’t get over the apple cider vinegar taste? Use only a teaspoon. I’ve also heard of people using black pepper and cinnamon in their morning detox drinks, so I’d encourage you to explore what else is out there that you may like to include.
To make life easier you can make the drink a night before so it’s ready to go when you wake up in the morning. I personally like to make it fresh, however I do think it would store fine for a day or two as long as you remove the lemons after steeping. If any of ya’ll end up making it I’d love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to send me a photo on my Instagram too so I can re-post your concoction !